2015 UK Fire Sprinkler Week
This year’s annual Fire Sprinkler Week #sprinklerweek2015 will be taking place from 16-22 March. The campaign is organised to raise awareness and understanding of fire prevention and control and is led by a number of key influential organisations, these being:
* National Fire Sprinkler Network (NFSN)
* Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA)
* British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA)
* Local Government Association (LGA)
* Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA)
The aims of the campaign are to:
* Widen awareness of the commercial and safety benefits of sprinklers in preventing loss and improving fire safety in businesses and homes across the UK;
* Debunk some of the myths and misconceptions about sprinklers;
* Increase the level of knowledge of those who can influence the installation of sprinklers: politicians, business owners and the property and construction industry.
The 2014 UK Sprinkler Week has been hailed as a great success with debate held in the House of Commons.