We’re Recruiting: Service & Maintenance Engineer
Working within the Service and Maintenance Department, the Sprinkler Service Engineer is often viewed as the face of the Company and as such, the Engineer must have excellent customer relationship and communication skills.
We seek an enthusiastic, disciplined and organised candidate with a practical mind-set and a passion for trouble-shooting and resolving all manner of technical issues.
The principal duties will include:
- Carrying out testing, inspection and maintenance tasks on Fire Sprinkler Systems of all types and sizes including electrical pump and diesel engine driven fire pumps.
- Reporting accurately of test and inspection results and clearly and concisely explaining any issues identified.
- Travelling to/from and between sites throughout the UK; overnight stays may be required from time-to-time. The role includes use of a dedicated Company vehicle.
- Cover of out-of-hours emergency call-outs on a rota basis.
- Flexibility to cover weekend and out-of-hours working on occasion as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of Fire Sprinkler Systems is preferred however consideration would also be given to a suitable trainee.
- Be practically minded and able to demonstrate experience of working in an engineering capacity.
- Attention to detail and ability to apply analytical thinking to solve problems.
- Experience of working within a customer facing role and able to build strong customer relationships at all levels.
- Able to remain calm and work to a high standard when under pressure.
- Excellent time keeper/flexible.
- Disciplined and organised.
- Attend personal training programmes, as required.
- Able to work on own initiative, unsupervised, but also contribute to an effective team.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver core behaviours including those of Honesty, Integrity, Flexibility, Teamwork and Enthusiasm.
- An awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Reasonable IT levels of competency sufficient to email and fill out forms on a tablet PC.
Applicants should also be smart and presentable with a professional approach and hold a full driving licence (with a minimum of 12 months driving experience).
Interested candidates should apply in writing with full CV and details of current salary to: